St Paul’s United Methodist Church
Socorro, New Mexico
Santa Elena Newsletter and Mission Trip info.
Follow the link below to view the latest Santa Elena newsletter which includes information about the upcoming August trip to the Mission located near Creel, Mexico.
It will be a wonderful opportunity to help the Tarahumara Community through projects, VBS, and loving fellowship. Santa Elena Newsletters and Mission Trip Information
St Paul’s United Methodist Church
Sunday, June 13, 2021
3rd Sunday after Pentecost
Changing Lives One At A Time
This is a guide to the abbreviated service which is posted online each Sunday afternoon.
Reading 2 Corinthians 5:6-10, 14-17 Gloria Tacker
Prayers of the People Sharing our joys and concerns
Responsive Prayer Lord, hear our prayer.
Special Music Mansion Over the Hilltop Jam Group
Gospel Reading Mark 4:26-34 Gloria Tacker
Sermon “Growing Into The New Creation” Pastor Cazandra
Sign up for text updates from St. Paul’s! Download the Remind app. Send a text to 81010. Send this message, “@6c928cc.”
Pastor Cazandra’s office hours for June: Annual Conference week of 6/14 – no office hours, Tuesday, 6/22 10-3, on vacation June 28 – July 4.
Next week’s service attendants:
Scripture reader: Kristal Kent
Ushers: Kenny Hoke
Pastor: Cazandra Campos-MacDonald
Reader/Liturgist: Gloria Tacker
Musicians: Sue Borchers, Lynn Brandvold, Kristal Kent, Jam Group
Video/Sound: Steve Hunyady, Caeleb MacDonald
Guidelines for In-person Worship now that we have returned
With great joy we are announcing that we will be offering in-person (covid safe) Sunday worship services again. We hope you will join us at 10am in the St Paul’s sanctuary. Those who cannot attend will still have the option of a shortened online version of the service which will be available in the late afternoon on Sunday, We will send a mailchimp posting on Sunday afternoon to let you know that the service has been posted to the St Paul’s YouTube channel.
You will find the safety requirements we will be following below. To help keep everyone safe we will be keeping doors and windows open during our service. Please dress accordingly.
Our Covid- Safe Plan
There are some changes to “business as usual” that we need to follow to allow for safe in-person worship.
They are as follows:
1. There will be signs directing you where to enter and exit. Please follow these signs with the help of the ushers. Access to the sanctuary will be through the main, sanctuary doors only.
2. Masks are required. Children 24 months of age and older are required to wear a face covering.
3. Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering and exiting the building.
4. Attendance will be taken. We respectfully request that any positive COVID test after worshipping at St Paul’s be reported to Pastor Cazandra so that those in attendance with that person can be notified immediately. The person’s identity will remain confidential.
5. We will fill the sanctuary from front to back and empty it from back to front.
6. You will be directed to and from your seat. We will sit only in every other pew, and parts of the seated pews will remain blocked off to ensure proper social distancing. Ushers will show you to your seats. Please sit only where instructed (family units will be seated together).
7. The offering plate will sit on a table at the back of the sanctuary. Please place your tithes and offerings in the plate as you leave the service.
8. Please refrain from congregating in the sanctuary lobby, or aisles before or after service and refrain from handshakes or hugs during this time. Our safety demands exceptional care.
9. The Fellowship Hall and kitchen will be closed. If the sanctuary reaches capacity, we will have seating available in the Fellowship Hall where the service may be watched on the television. Please do not bring drinks or food into the sanctuary, fellowship hall or kitchen.
10. Please refrain from touching others while on the church premises. This is difficult, but to keep everyone safe, it is
11. There will be no Kleenex in the pews. Bring tissues if needed and carry them out with you. There will be a trash can by the exit for your convenience.
12. Windows and doors will remain open during worship to ensure proper ventilation. Please dress accordingly.
Please abide by these guidelines so we may keep everyone safe.
Meet Our Pastor
- Prayer Shawl Ministry meets Tuesdays at 5pm in the Narthax
- Mid-week Pastor’s Newsletter (MailChimp)
- Pastor’s Office Hours this week Tuesday, 10am-3pm
- Thursday Morning Bible Study is on hiatus. Evening Women’s Study will meet at 6pm via Zoom. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to either group
- Join St Paul’s jammers in the Narthex at 4pm on Saturday afternoons.
- Sunday service is at 10am
- Look for Sunday’s Online Worship (via YouTube) late Sunday afternoon. Worship Guide posted here and via MailChimp.
We have activated our online giving system and we hope that you will use the button below to access the Online Giving page. Because we are obligated to provide a record of your donations you will need to register for this online service and set the parameters for your account. We are hoping that you will take advantage of this service especially while we are practicing “social distancing”. You can choose from credit and debit cards, ACH direct withdrawal and text messaging. All of these services require a small fee. Please help us get as much of your donation to St Paul’s as possible by using the ACH method if you can (it has the lowest fees) and/or agreeing to pay the extra fee involved. This will mean so very much to our mission programs. If you need help please contact us at: Online Giving Help