St Paul’s United Methodist Church
Socorro, New Mexico
Fellowship Hall Remodel Progressing Well
Our contractor has accomplished a lot in the last couple of weeks including insulating, removing windows, wall boarding and painting. Now we just need the windows that will complete the project.
We’ve included a gallery of photos from this project which we hope you will enjoy.
All groups that normally meet in the Fellowship Hall will need to temporarily relocate to the Narthex, Nursery Room or Sanctuary.
We also welcome contributions to offset the costs of this project. You can add a donation to your regular check, or do an online donation for the project. Make sure to look for the Fellowship Hall Project category if doing so online. And as always thank you for your on-going support of St Paul’s. Blessings!!
The pictures below show the walls in both the Fellowship Hall and Sunday School/Choir Rooms with their new wallboard and paint. Getting the replacement windows in place will be the next order of business.
United Methodist Church
Sunday, April 11, 2021
2nd Sunday of Easter
Prelude This is My Father’s World Jam Group
*Call to Worship
Leader: It’s the Sunday after Easter; the lilies are gone.
All: And we are alone with our faith
Leader: Thomas said: “Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in his side, I will not believe.” (John 20:25b NRSV) All: Easter is past, and we are alone with our faith. On this Sunday after Easter, help us grow into the faith that we confessed and celebrated last week. Reveal evidence of your resurrection for the days when we feel that we are alone with our faith.
*Hymn Since Jesus Came into My Heart Cokesbury #84
Methodist Minute Prevenient Grace
Prayer for Illumination
Lord, open our hearts and minds by the power of your Holy Spirit, that, as the Scriptures are read and your Word proclaimed, we may hear with joy what you say to us today. Amen.
Reading Psalm 133 Pat Fiero
Prayers of the People Sharing our joys and concerns
Responsive Prayer Lord, hear our prayer.
The Lord’s Prayer Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Offering Please place your gifts in the basket upon leaving the sanctuary.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Special Music Precious Lord, Take My Hand UMH #474 Jam Group
*Gospel Reading John 20:19-31 Pat Fiero
Sermon Pastor Cazandra
*Affirmation of Faith
The Apostles’ Creed UMH #881
Hymn In the Garden UMH #314
Jesus said: “Peace be with you. As the Father sent me, so I am now sending you.” He believes in you. The busy world awaits your compassion.
God believes in us.
Sometimes you will give your best yet fail.
God believes in us
At other times you will succeed in spite of your stumbling.
God believes in us
Go gladly, daring to succeed or fail to the glory of God, and then at the very end, nothing shall dismay you.
God believes in us
With Christ’s own breath within us, we shall travel well.
The help of the saving Christ, the wisdom of the Living God,
and the support of the loving Spirit, will be with you every step of the way, now and always.
Postlude Brighten the Corner Where You Are Jam Group
* Please stand as you are able
Do you have a prayer concern to share? An update on a concern? Fill out a card and drop it in the offering plate. You may also visit our website to share your concern and sign up to receive updates.
- Tuesday Prayer Shawl Ministry 5-6 pm.
- Thursday Both Thursday Bible Studies are on hiatus until May 6th
- Saturday Jam Session 4-5 pm
For Zoom Bible Study information, email email@example.com
Thursday, April 29th Blood Drive. If you can help distribute flyers, please pick them up on the table in the Narthax. Thank You.
Are you receiving our weekly newsletters via email? If not, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
Are you visiting? Thank you for joining us today. Please complete a visitor card, available from the ushers.
Next week’s service attendants:
Scripture reader: Dave Burleigh
Ushers: Peter Comstock, Kenny Hoke
Pastor: Cazandra Campos-MacDonald
Reader/Liturgist: Pat Fiero
Musicians: Jam Group
Video/Sound: Steve Hunyady, Caeleb MacDonald
Office Hours: Thursdays 10 – 3 pm
Church office: 575-322-0528
Office email: email@example.com
Cazandra’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for In-person Worship now that we have returned
With great joy we are announcing that we will be offering in-person (covid safe) Sunday worship services again. We hope you will join us at 10am in the St Paul’s sanctuary. Those who cannot attend will still have the option of a shortened online version of the service which will be available in the late afternoon on Sunday, We will send a mailchimp posting on Sunday afternoon to let you know that the service has been posted to the St Paul’s YouTube channel.
You will find the safety requirements we will be following below. To help keep everyone safe we will be keeping doors and windows open during our service. Please dress accordingly.
Our Covid- Safe Plan
There are some changes to “business as usual” that we need to follow to allow for safe in-person worship.
They are as follows:
1. There will be signs directing you where to enter and exit. Please follow these signs with the help of the ushers. Access to the sanctuary will be through the main, sanctuary doors only.
2. Masks are required. Children 24 months of age and older are required to wear a face covering.
3. Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering and exiting the building.
4. Attendance will be taken. We respectfully request that any positive COVID test after worshipping at St Paul’s be reported to Pastor Cazandra so that those in attendance with that person can be notified immediately. The person’s identity will remain confidential.
5. We will fill the sanctuary from front to back and empty it from back to front.
6. You will be directed to and from your seat. We will sit only in every other pew, and parts of the seated pews will remain blocked off to ensure proper social distancing. Ushers will show you to your seats. Please sit only where instructed (family units will be seated together).
7. The offering plate will sit on a table at the back of the sanctuary. Please place your tithes and offerings in the plate as you leave the service.
8. Please refrain from congregating in the sanctuary lobby, or aisles before or after service and refrain from handshakes or hugs during this time. Our safety demands exceptional care.
9. The Fellowship Hall and kitchen will be closed. If the sanctuary reaches capacity, we will have seating available in the Fellowship Hall where the service may be watched on the television. Please do not bring drinks or food into the sanctuary, fellowship hall or kitchen.
10. Please refrain from touching others while on the church premises. This is difficult, but to keep everyone safe, it is
11. There will be no Kleenex in the pews. Bring tissues if needed and carry them out with you. There will be a trash can by the exit for your convenience.
12. Windows and doors will remain open during worship to ensure proper ventilation. Please dress accordingly.
13. Children’s Church will resume after Easter. Pastor Cazandra will resume the Children’s Minute during worship on the 7 th.
Please abide by these guidelines so we may keep everyone safe.
Meet Our Pastor
- Prayer Shawl Ministry meets Tuesdays at 5pm in the Narthax
- Mid-week Pastor’s Newsletter (MailChimp)
- Pastor’s Office Hours this week Thursday, 10am-3pm
- Both Thursday Bible Studies are on hiatus until May 6th. Contact email@example.com to be added to either group
- Join St Paul’s jammers in the Narthex at 4pm on Saturday afternoons.
- Sunday service is at 10am
- Look for Sunday’s Online Worship (via YouTube) late Sunday afternoon. Worship Guide posted here and via MailChimp.
We have activated our online giving system and we hope that you will use the button below to access the Online Giving page. Because we are obligated to provide a record of your donations you will need to register for this online service and set the parameters for your account. We are hoping that you will take advantage of this service especially while we are practicing “social distancing”. You can choose from credit and debit cards, ACH direct withdrawal and text messaging. All of these services require a small fee. Please help us get as much of your donation to St Paul’s as possible by using the ACH method if you can (it has the lowest fees) and/or agreeing to pay the extra fee involved. This will mean so very much to our mission programs. If you need help please contact us at: Online Giving Help